Property prices go up as well as down, so you might not get out what you put in. The same goes for how much rent we collect. Our forecasting tools help with the guesswork but they're not a reliable way to predict the future. Please also note that invested capital is illiquid and is not protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Easy Exit is a feature that sets UOWN apart from the competition. Put simply, Easy Exit gives UOWNers peace of mind that they will be able to access their money when they need it most. We are all about opening up the world of property investment and making it work better for UOWNers. Easy Exit makes property investment an option for those who need the security of having access to the money they invest whenever they need it but still want the potential to earn a decent return.
For specific Easy Exit properties, UOWN guarantees to buy-back shares at current share price, minus a fee of 3% of the value of the shares. UOWN will buy-back your shares at any time (including while a deal is still funding) and you will typically have access to your money within three working days. This is different from our Resale Market properties where you must list your shares for sale and wait for them to be purchased by other UOWNers.
The first Easy Exit property we launched was 78 St Annes Drive. Properties are clearly marked as Easy Exit on the properties page, and you can request to Easy Exit from your dashboard. When you are making an Easy Exit request you will able to see a breakdown of your total return for that investment, including the 3% Easy Exit fee. We aim to process all Easy Exit requests within three days, and in the future our ambition is to give you access to your money within hours. You will receive an email once your shares have been purchased and the funds are in your UOWN account.
● You can Easy Exit at any time at the latest share price, including whilst a property is still funding.
● There is a 3% fee to Easy Exit and this is calculated by taking 3% of the latest value of your shares.
● Easy Exit properties will be subject to the normal 2% initial purchase fee.
● The Resale Market will not be available on Easy Exit properties.
● Like with Resale shares, the share price is listed to 4 decimal places (a hundredth of a penny), but when you sell your shares we will round the transaction to the nearest penny.
● The share price will be updated once a quarter based on an independent surveyor’s report. For more information on how this is calculated please see our article about share valuations. For Easy Exit properties, UOWN may revalue the property more than once a quarter if we believe the price has changed.
UOWN is a trading name of U Own Exchange Limited. UOWN, 3rd Floor, Northgate, 118 North Street, Leeds, LS2 7PN
House prices can fall as well as rise and you may not get back all of the money you invest. Rates of return quoted on our website are estimates only and are not guaranteed. Investments are not protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.