Why do we have an appropriateness test?
UOWN is a financial product and it is important that we know you understand what is involved when investing. The test ensures that potential investors understand some of the key risks associated with investing with UOWN, including:
- The value of the property you are investing in can fall and therefore you can lose money.
- When you invest with UOWN you will not be able to access your money immediately, and you may have to wait to get your money out.
- Any projections or forecasts that we provide may not be correct - nobody can predict the future.
- You should only invest what you can afford into UOWN and if you are a ‘restricted investor’ you should only invest 10% of your net assets into investments like UOWN.
- Investments in UOWN are NOT covered by the FSCS.
To find out more about the risks of investing with UOWN make sure you read our full risk statement.