Yes. UOWN is an alternative way to try grow your money, and we expect some people will want to set a little aside every month to pay into UOWN by direct debit. This is a good habit to get into, it is disciplined and easy to manage and you can change it at any time to suit your circumstances.
When your money comes through we’ll check how you want to spread it across the different properties in UOWN. Soon, you’ll be able to do this automatically depending on your preferences and appetite for risk. Until the robots are ready though, we’ll do things the old-fashioned way. Well, not that old-fashioned - online crowdfunding wasn’t around in your Grandma’s day.
A typical guide to how a regular investment strategy might work is as follows:
- Register with UOWN.
- Complete our investor quiz.
- Verify your identity.
- Enter the dashboard under ‘My Account’.
- Set up a direct debit for an amount you are comfortable with and committed to invest each month.
- Choose which properties you wish to invest in; you can spread your monthly investment between different properties and it makes sense to diversify your investment in this way.
- Watch how your investment performs with our online tools.
- You can edit your direct debit to increase or reduce the monthly investment amount, or to change how much you wish to allocate to each property. You can also cancel the direct debit at any time.